- 1 Where is the event being held?
- 1.1 What distance are the courses & how long will they take?
- 1.2 What are the entry categories?
- 1.3 What Minimum and Maximum Team Size?
- 1.4 If I have entered will I get a number and timing chip in the post?
- 1.5 Can I switch between muckers (1 lap) and serious muckers (2 laps)?
- 1.6 How do I enter my teams details?
- 1.7 Can I race solo or as a team?
- 1.8 What is cost of entry?
- 1.9 Can I change waves once entered?
- 1.10 When is the last day to enter?
- 1.11 Can I allow someone to compete instead of me if I am unable to attend?
- 1.12 Are changing and showering facilities be provided?
- 1.13 Will there be an event memento?
- 1.14 Will there be refreshments available at the race venue?
- 1.15 Where and when is race sign on?
- 1.16 What is wave start procedure?
- 1.17 Is there a minimum age to take part?
- 1.18 Is a refund available if I cannot attend for any reason?
- 1.19 Should I take part if I have a medical condition?
- 1.20 Am I insured to take part in this event?
- 1.21 Can I bring my dog to the event?
- 1.22 Can my family and friends come along to watch?
- 1.23 Where will we be able to park?
- 1.24 Are many sections of the course rough underfoot?
- 1.25 What should I wear?
- 1.26 Am I likely to get wet & dirty?
- 1.27 Am I likely to go home having enjoyed the Runamuck Challenge and be looking forward to the next one?
- 1.28 Fundraising
- 1.29 PLEASE NOTE THAT NONE OF THE RACE TAKES PLACE ON LAND OR IN WATER THAT IS FREQUENTED BY FARM ANIMALS
- 1.29.1 No commercial activities are permitted without the permission of the organisers.
- 1.29.2 No flyers may to be placed on vehicles – No Exceptions
- 1.29.3 Appropriate event flyers may be distributed in the assembly yard area only with prior permission from the organisers. Please e-mail [email protected] in advance to request permission
- Our event is held in the fabulous 3,000 acre Coolcarrigan Estate in north Co Kildare – Easy access from Dublin, M4 and M7 – EVENT LOCATION AND DRIVING DIRECTIONS HERE
- 1 lap Muckers course is ~5.5km long and will have ~50 obstacles per lap
- 2 lap Serious Muckers option approx 11km with ~100 obstacles in total
- It takes between 28 and 90 minutes to complete a single lap depending on
- the muckiness of the ground,
- your fitness level
- aptitude to overcome the terrain and the obstacles
- Solo/Pair (1 or 2 people), Team ( 3->9)- 10% discount, Team (10 -> 19)- 15% discount & Team (20+) – 20% discount
- Minimum 3 finishers to count for team rankings
- No Maximum number in Team
Current record team size was set in 2018 with 166 raising money for Saplings Charity
- How can I enter and run with my friends who have their team in a wave that is now full – If no spaces have been reserved for you by your Team’s captain then you will need to do join the team & you select your own Starting Wave (Waves every 5 mins) from those show as having available space. If your friends’ wave is full you will be offered only waves that currently have space to accommodate yourself or your new group. We will accommodate small numbers looking to go earlier or later on the day to join with friends and to date no one has missed on running with their friends for that reason -This will be sorted at start line. It is all about the Fun for all we understand. Anyone looking to join a team after the main group has entered will pay whatever the relevant price is for their entry at that time.
NO – Race sign on, timing chip, number, race memento collection, etc is at the race venue on the day of the race.
You should check your wave start time on your confirmation mail which will be sent to the e mail address you provide when you enter
You should aim to be at the venue a minimum of 1 hour before your allocated start time.
You will collect your number and timing chip at this time,
You Must Enter in advance Online Before Event Fills which is expected to be sometime in January 0r February
Once we fill all available spaces, there will be LATE Or “Entry On The Day” ENTRIES – No Exceptions!
Yes – 1 distance change per entry is permitted up to 23/02/19 only
On the day if you change distance, timing chip should detect change for final results
As Team Captain you setup your team name with the total number of participants.You ideally should complete their entry details like name, e mail etc (Possible to use your own if you don’t have their e-mail) and pay for all to secure Team’s places in your selected wave.
You get a discount of between 10 and 20% based on the number on your team.
Places can only be secured by completion of the booking and paying process.
Our entry system allows Team Captains the option to reserve spaces for team members for a maximum of 2 week ONLY for booking made prior to 1st February. Reserved spaces then need to be paid for or they will be forfeited. A 7 day reservation period will apply after 1st Feb but all reservations will be forfeited on 14th Feb in order to allow others to join up using these unused “reserved” places. Places are reserved in order that you will be able to join your team’s selected wave. The price you pay when you join the team is the price applicable to that date and not the date the places were reserved.
Others looking to join your team after the main group may join the team as detailed above if they have a link to a reserved space given to them by their Team Captain AND that reserved space is still valid – Reserved spaces are kept for 2 weeks after main team’s booking up to 14/2/19 only.
Thereafter they can join at the team and they pay for the number being entered and the relevant price at that time if spaces are not taken or reserved by other teams.
Anyone looking to join a team at a late stage may do so but they must select whatever wave is showing as having spaces at that time but we will fit them into the main team wave on the day at start pen as spaces free up
Summary: No Reservations held after 14/02/19 & Entry Price you pay is based on the date you enter not the price when “reservation” was made
Race Entry is open to solos/ pairs and teams which can be made up of any number from 3 upwards
It is up to the teams themselves whether to race separately or as a group (Our recommendation is to race as a group for maximum fun and to help each other out) as mutual assistance and encouragement at obstacles is actively encouraged and should prove useful to the team’s speed around the course.
Every participant will receive an individual ranking time based on their wave start as detected by the timing chips we provide.
The winning team position will be when the highest placed 3rd member of the team has crossed the finish line.
Please register with the same team name to ensure you will be in with a chance of winning team’s prize
Minimum age to enter is 15 on day of race – Sorry but No Exceptions
Dates 1 or 2 Group 3->9 (10%) Group 10->19 (15%) Group 20+(20%)
Really Early Now to 30/06/18 € 25 € 22.50 € 21.25 Early Entry 01/07/18 to 31/09/18* € 30 € 27 € 25.50 € 24 Normal Entry 1/10/18 to 31/12/18* € 35 € 31.50 € 29.75 € 28
- Chose Your Wave on “First Come First Served Basis” – Enter Early to get best choice of waves
- * Our Max Entry is reduced at our new venue, Sell Out Date likely to be well in advance of Race Date
- ** Entry limited to entries received and paid for fully – Reserved spaces are not secured until paid for
- ***No Late or On The Day Entries -No Exceptions
- These entry costs include:
- On-line entry system and bank / card fees
- Chip timing
- Runamuck Buff
- Car & Bus Parking
- Light post race refreshments
- Post race power hose wash-down!
- Covered changing area
- Great Day’s entertainment with life HQ and on course DJ’s
- Free super quality race photos for you to use
Group entry prices are inclusive of group discount – It is the same cost to do 1 lap or 2 laps
No – You select your wave at entry stage from those made available to you on your entry form. Unfortunately if your friends’ wave is now full you cannot formally join in that wave on your entry form
Many waves already Sold Out or close to capacity.
However, as a lot of waves sell out early and the choice of waves becomes limited we cannot allocate any more entries to individual waves unfortunately. Please enter an alternative wave, Before your original first choice if possible but immediately after if not.
We generally have a few spare spaces in each wave to be given out on a “first come first served” basis on the day so that you can go in your friends wave so just be there on time on the day and we will do our best to help.
The price charged is the based on the date you enter and the number entering at that time as detailed above.
NEXT EVENT is on 9th March 2019
ENTRY closes when we are FULL
This will be sometime in January or early February so Enter Now to secure your place
We expect to fill well in advance of the Race Date So Please Enter Now to secure your place
Can I allow someone to compete instead of me if I am unable to attend?
You are allowed to change the name of the participant entered Free of Charge until 23/02/19 – Sorry but no more changes are permitted after that date as race numbers will have been printed with names of those entered, timing chips will have been assigned and race packs prepared
Basic covered communal changing facilities will be provided on the farm and basic power washer facilities will be available after the finish line. Please leave all jewelry and other valuables such as wallets, phones, etc at home or in your locked car, needles in haystacks are easier to find than diamonds in mud.We recommend you bring an old towel and a container of water to help you clean more thoroughly and dry off at your vehicle.A good plastic bag should be brought for your dirty shoes and clothes which should be taken home with you or deposited in one of the allocated rubbish collection areas in the car park
We will have a key drop area close to registration.
Please make sure your keys are labelled with your race number if you wish to use this facility, we will provide labels on the day
Valuables, wallets, watches or individual clothing cannot be accepted here – Key and small bag drop only!
You will get a cherished and useful Runamuck Buff when you collect your race number and sign on
We will have a limited number of Runamuck Technical Tees and Hoodies available on the day to purchase.Tees will be €10 each or 6 for €50 & Hoodies will be €20 each or 3 for €50;
Generally demand far exceeds supply so get to sign on early and you will have a chance to get a great Runamuck Top!
YES, Several vendors will be serving refreshments at reasonable cost at the venue
Light refreshments provided post race will be limited to participants only
Race Parking opens at 9.15am. Race sign on/ registration will take place at race venue on Saturday between 9.30am and 12.00pm Registration for each wave will close 1 hour before wave start time so please plan to arrive in plenty of time.
You will collect your race number, timing chip and souvenir Runamuck Buff at race sign on.
Only one representative (Team Captain) from each team needs to collect numbers, numbers chips and buffs for the whole team
All Start waves will be assigned on the basis of race numbers allocated in advance. You can select your preferred wave at Online registration stage. Starts will continue between 11am and 1.30pm with waves starting every ~5 mins! Only those aiming to do the 1 lap (5.5k) should enter waves after 12.15pm as we will close the course progressively once the final wave has started so those doing a 2nd lap must have commenced their 2nd lap by 1.30pm.
All team members should try to start in the same wave
All Prizes (Fastest 3 male and female for 1 and 2 laps plus fastest teams for 1 and 2 laps) will be awarded based on the overall results and will take into account all waves
The Winning Team is the team with the first 3 people finished i.e. Position of team’s 3rd placed runner determines the winner, There is no maximum number on a team
Prizes will be our traditional handcrafted tankards from Crannmor Pottery and Runamuck race vouchers
Yes – Participants must be at least 15 years old on race day to take part – Sorry but no exceptions to this age limit
No – Once your entry is received we incur on line entry charges and admin costs so unfortunately we are unable to offer a refund unless requested before 1st Feb 2018 AND if this request is made within 14 days of your registration only UPDATE:- Deadline passed for this!
Transfer of your entry to another competitor (1 transfer per competitor) FOC is being permitted until 23/02/19 only
You can do this name change yourself at the Njuko Site
In the event of a postponement due to adverse weather related or other “Force Majeure*” all entries will be valid for the re-arranged date. Sorry but deferment of your entry to another Runamuck event is not possible
No, If your condition is likely to put you or any other person at risk then do not take part in the Runamuck Challenge
Am I insured to take part in this event?
The insurance cover in place for this event is to cover accidents or damage to 3rd parties only.IT IS NOT PERSONAL INJURY INSURANCE FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO MAY BE INJURED, GOING TO OR FROM THE EVENT OR AT ANY STAGE BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER ON OR OFF THE COURSE OF THE EVENT.This event is one in which you should make yourself fully aware of the risks before you enter and take part and your entry is conditional on your accepting of these risks.Should you feel personal injury insurance cover is appropriate for you then please make your own arrangements to take out a suitable policy to meet your own needs
No – For the safety of all, dogs are not permitted anywhere at the event even for spectators except for trained Guide Dogs
The event is set-up to cater to participant’s needs not spectators but friends may come and enjoy the atmosphere and spectacle of the event close to the start / finish area only. Supporters are not permitted out on the main race route as the access routes are reserved for service and medical support vehicles. Please note that parents or guardians are responsible for supervision of children and must keep them under control and off race route at all times, No dogs or other pets are permitted at the venue except guide dogs. As parking is limited and we do not charge for parking or spectators we ask that you have a maximum of 1 spectator arriving per participant vehicle and that you car pool where possible. Supporters may not participate on any part of the course or obstacles. The area for spectators is not suitable for small children or buggies
Please note that this is a working farm NOT a play area and participants and supporters are requested to not interfere with the farm or crops in any way and to take all rubbish home with them or leave it in one of the many bins provided
Parking for all cars is in farm fields and condition of fields will be very dependent on the weather in advance of the event
Please car-pool and use front wheel drive (Or 4WD) vehicles to make parking easier for all concerned.
Bus parking is on a hard-standing area, Follow signs and marshal directions to Bus Parking Area
No cars may be parked on the public roadside – No Exceptions
Yes, it will be very rough, wet and slippy underfoot in many sections of the course
Runners with good grips, long-sleeved “technical ” running top, light gloves and full leg leggings are recommended.Heavy sweatshirts and jogging tracksuit bottoms are likely to be heavy and uncomfortable when wet.Fancy dress is as mad as you chose to make it – Can you be one of the “Fancy Muckers” prize winners?
Rubber or metal studded football boots and Running Spikes ARE NOT ALLOWED for the Safety of all participants
Please ensure your runners’ laces are tied tightly and double knotted
Yes – Please bring a full change of clothes for after the event and a plastic bag to take away your dirty clothes and runners. We will provide a short power wash for all those that want one at the finish but we recommend you bring an old towel and a container of water to complete the self-clean process at your vehicle
Am I likely to go home having enjoyed the Runamuck Challenge and be looking forward to the next one?
Yes – We certainly expect so
Entrants are not obliged to raise money for any cause at the Runamuck Challenge Event & we don’t have any selected charity partners as there are many worthy charities who benefit from the
You are of course free to do the event for a charity/ club / cause of your choice if you wish to do so
If you decide to do the event for a charity/ club/ cause, etc then we will support this by provision of race information, posters, photos for your use, etc on request providing they are used in connection with Runamuck Challenge event only.
Any fundraising done by our participants in conjunction with their participation in our event does not imply any approval of the charity/ club/ cause etc by the event organisers.
This event is run on a commercial basis by Outfront Events. We generally make some charity donations from the event towards a selected few charities taken from those being supported by our participants but this is at our discretion and we are not obliged to do so.
E-mail us at [email protected] if you have a sizeable group participating in the next event and you would like to be considered for a donation to your charitable cause.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NONE OF THE RACE TAKES PLACE ON LAND OR IN WATER THAT IS FREQUENTED BY FARM ANIMALS
No commercial activities are permitted without the permission of the organisers.
No flyers may to be placed on vehicles – No Exceptions
Appropriate event flyers may be distributed in the assembly yard area only with prior permission from the organisers. Please e-mail [email protected] in advance to request permission
- “Force Majeure” means any event outside a party’s reasonable control including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, sub-contractors, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, terrorism, governmental actions and any other similar events;