Location for the Runamuck Challenge Event is the 3,000 acre Coolcarrigan Estate, Naas, Co. Kildare, W91 H9X6, Ireland.
Directions on how to get to the Runamuck Challenge at Coolcarrigan Estate are as follows:
From Dublin North & North East (M1/ M2/ M3/ M4)
- Take N4 Junction from M50.
- Exit the M4 at J8 (Kilcock) and then follow signs for R407 towards Clane.
- After ~6km turn right at crossroads (Signposted Donadea Forest Park).
- Follow this road for ~13km to Coolcarrigan Estate – Follow signs to designated parking area.
- The journey from M50/N4 junction is about 30 mins normally but may be more due to traffic on day.
From Dublin (South of Red Cow)
- Follow N7 to Jct 10 (Naas south). Turn right at end of slip road.
- Cross Motorway bridge and take roundabout exit signposted for Rathangan.
- Follow this road for ~2km and turn right at Crossroads and then left after~ 1km at another crossroads (Following signs of Mondello Park). Continue through the village of Carragh on the R409 to Crossroads (Dag Weld’s pub is here). Carefully cross straight over road (Signposted towards Coolcarrigan 5km) to venue and follow signs and directions to parking area.
- It is about 15 mins from Jct 10 to venue normally but may be more on race day due to traffic on day
From the South & South east
- You need to take J13 from the M7 and follow signs to old N7 and into Kildare town where you turn left at main crossroads traffic lights just before the “square” (and the Silken Thomas Pub) -following signs for Killmeague.
- Follow the R415 north to Milltown (where you turn left at school), then onto Killmeague (where you turn left following main road up hill) and continue to Allenwood where you turn Right at T junction onto the R403 – Direction towards Clane
- Follow the R403 for ~5km to Crossroads at Dag Weld’s pub where you turn left and follow this road for ~ 5km to venue. Follow signs and directions to parking area
- From J13 of the M7 you travel on country roads so allow about 25-30 mins to get to venue
From West & North West
- Take N4 / M4 / R148 east to Enfield
- Option 1 ( Tolled Road) – Follow M4 (Toll) to J9 (Enfield) and from this junction follow signs towards Edenderry on R402.
- Option 2 (No toll) Follow R148 from Kinegad to Enfield – Follow signs then to R402 (Towards Edenderry).
From the North/ North East
- Either go Cross-country via Navan and Trim to Enfield OR Take M50 and M4 to Enfield (As “From Dublin North” above)
- From Enfield follow R402 (Direction Edenderry) through Johnstownbridge.
- Continue straight through Johnstownbridge passing by Hamlet Hotel on the left hand side – This is venue for race carpooling – Please use this to avoid congestion and possibly getting stuck in our parking field.
- Continue straight on R402 about 2.5km past the village of Kilshanroe (about 7 km from Johnnstown Bridge) & turn left at Crossroads. Follow this bumpy road for ~ 5km to Tee Junction where you turn right.
- Coolcarrigan Estate is about 1 km from here on Right. – Follow signs to designated parking area.
- The journey from J9 (Enfield) to the venue is about 15 mins normally by car but may be more due to traffic on day